1. Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946, in Queens, New York, one of five children to Fred Trump, a real estate developer, and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, who had emigrated slot garansi kekalahan to the United States from Scotland.
2. Due to misbehaving, Trump’s father sent him to military school, New York Military Academy, when he was 13.
3. He attended Fordham University slot garansi kekalahan before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. He graduated in 1968.
4. For five years, Trump worked for his father, who owned about $250 million (in 2017 dollars) worth of apartment complexes in Brooklyn and Queens.
5. He married Ivana Zelnickova, a former Olympic skier and model, in 1977. The couple had three children, Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr. The pair divorced in 1990.
6. In 1984, Trump Tower on New York’s Fifth Avenue was completed. The 664-foot building has condos, retail shops, galleries, restaurants and offices.
7. Trump has written or co-written several books; his first, “The Art of the Deal,” was published in 1987.
8. Trump married Marla Maples in 1993. They had one daughter, Tiffany, and divorced in 1999. He married Slovenian model Melania Knauss in 2005, and they have one son, Barron.
9. In 2015, he announced his candidacy for president of the United States. After winning the Electoral College vote over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, Trump was inaugurated as president in January 2017.
10. Trump is the wealthiest president in U.S. history, ahead of John F. Kennedy. As of 2017, Trump’s net worth is $3.5 billion, according to Forbes.
The former commander-in-chief, who was impeached twice, is now the first former US president to face federal criminal charges, signalling major implications for his political future as he seeks re-election.
Writing on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump wrote, “I am an innocent man. The Biden administration is totally corrupt. This election interference and a continuation of the greatest witch hunt of all time. Make America Great Again!”
Trump, 76, has been charged with dozens of financial crimes, including an alleged scheme to pay hush money to an adult film star who claimed to have had an affair with him. The criminal trial is scheduled to begin in March 2024, just when the US primary election season will be in full swing.